Monday 27 April 2015



No.35 Hala Rapat Baru 15,
Taman Sri Rapat,             
   31350 Ipoh,Perak.       

28 April 2015             
    

      Dear Sabrina,
     
Thanks for your letter and it was great to hear from you. You asked me to tell about my scary experience.
It's hard not to be fascinated by a scary story.So enjoy reading this.    

The scorching sun rays blazed through the warm mid-day sky and I could feel its heat penetrating through the air around me as I trod home from school on a Thursday afternoon. That and burdened by the load of my heavy schoolbag, I perspired profusely. Thus I was relieved to finally reach the void deck of my flat. ‘Soon I will be home,’ I thought, pleased at the prospect of a cold shower and an afternoon nap in a while. However, the elevator took longer than I expected to descend; it was slower than usual.

I was joined by a mother and her son, a smartly dressed young man and a pregnant lady in the elevator. We were jolted to a sudden stop while it was ascending. The little boy standing next to me was badly shaken and started crying. His mother quickly squatted down and carried him in her arms to pacify him. I was impatient for the lift to resume its service but it did not move at all for the next few minutes.
We were all nervous to be trapped in the elevator that broke down between the fourth and fifth storey. I pressed the alarm bell button repeatedly and we hope help would come our way soon. It became stuffy as the ventilation stopped working too. The young man loosened his tie and unbuttoned the top few buttons of his shirt and the pregnant lady seemed a little out of breath. The little boy sobbed incessantly for the next fifteen minutes. He was inconsolable in this nerve-wrecking emergency. We sat down on the floor and the pregnant lady slumped into a corner.
I was worried that she might pass out if no one came to our rescue soon. I was gripped with fear that we might be starved of oxygen and suffocate eventually. We felt apprehensive in the ordeal as we could do nothing but hope and wait for help in that helpless situation. Then as it got warmer and more unbearable in there, we heard some sounds emanating from above. Then we heard human voices. “Yes! The rescue workers are here!” The young man exclaimed in relief.
The lift started moving normally again and we were elevated to the fifth floor. Then the doors of the lift were pried open and we were free! Outside stood not just the rescue workers who helped us out of the elevator, but all the lift maintenance and repair technicians and our worried family members too. I was filled with immense relief and gladness to see my mother among them and ran up to her open arms.
She carried my schoolbag and held me around my shoulders as we walked home slowly. I was lethargic and had a quick shower before taking a restful nap in the comfort of my bed and air-conditioning. Drifting off to sleep, I hoped never to have to experience a not her elevator breakdown as frightening as this again.
So,here is a few pictures about my experience.Thats all from me.Hope to hear from you soon.
Regards, 
Hishotra and Halinah

No comments:

Post a Comment